It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:21

Vegastrike 0.4.3

Installers we are searching testers for.
  • Author
GlaDiaC

Vegastrike 0.4.3

PostSun Mar 06, 2005 0:07

Heya,

here is the Vegastrike Installer I created. Please test ist, especially the x86_64 binaries.

http://liflg.zapto.org/files/testing/ve ... nglish.run

and Privateer 1.0 a remake of Privateer with Vegastrike Engine

http://liflg.zapto.org/files/testing/pr ... nglish.run

(completly untested, I'm at work)

Thanks.

-- gladiac

kratz00

liflg member

PostTue Mar 08, 2005 0:48

vegastrike: all fine except uninstall

sh vegastrike/uninstall
Product: Vegastrike
Installed in /home/kratz00/vegastrike
/home/kratz00/vegastrike/modules/builtin : Directory not empty
/home/kratz00/vegastrike/modules : Directory not empty
Could not remove install directory: Directory not empty
Vegastrike has been successfully uninstalled.

rm -rf ~/vegastrike helped :)

GlaDiaC

PostTue Mar 08, 2005 9:52

Yes, vegastrike has python scripts, and if you run a python script (.py) it compiles the file and creates a (.pyc) bytecode file. The Installer doesn't know about such files ;)

PostWed Mar 09, 2005 2:54

Tried it on my Gentoo AMD64 system. Aborted with:
CONFIGFILE - No config found in data dir : ./vegastrike.config
CONFIG FILE NOT FOUND !!!

After I copied vegastrike.config from the original installer, it seems to work!

PostWed Mar 09, 2005 7:48

That still doesn't seem to work... The commodity exchange and ship merchant have no goods. Makes it difficult to get out of Troy.

PostFri Mar 11, 2005 10:30

Okay, I moved your binary into the old installer's directory, and now everything works. Thanks!!

GlaDiaC

PostFri Mar 11, 2005 12:30

Most bugs are fixed, I think final will ship on Saturday.

GlaDiaC

PostSat Mar 12, 2005 20:52

Ok, rebuild Privateer Installer, should work now!

Xan

PostSun Mar 13, 2005 5:35

Hardly works at all for me... The inital screen comes up with a weird white box. I can find the door to the main concourse by right-clicking, but the concourse is completely dark and the only option from there is back to the launch pad. I can launch, but not press ESC, and pretty soon I get a segfault.

GlaDiaC

PostSun Mar 13, 2005 19:07

Xan wrote:Hardly works at all for me... The inital screen comes up with a weird white box. I can find the door to the main concourse by right-clicking, but the concourse is completely dark and the only option from there is back to the launch pad. I can launch, but not press ESC, and pretty soon I get a segfault.

The binaries are the same as in my vegastrike installer. I think the problem is the content of the game, not the engine. Could you try to checkout the latest data

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/privateer co -P wcu

Copy the content over your existing privateer installation.

Maybe you need this too http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remake/wcu-data.zip

Xan

PostSun Mar 13, 2005 19:39

I freely admit to not knowing how to work CVS, so I'm not sure how to fix this. I C&Ped your command:
Code: Select all
bash-2.05b$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/privateer co -P wcu
cvs checkout: warning: failed to open /home/xan/.cvspass for reading: No such file or directory
cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: M PserverBackend::PserverBackend() Connect (Connection refused)

Here's the summary of the various combinations I've tried on my Gentoo AMD64 system:

1) Standard installer - Instant segfault
2) Your installer - the weirdness described above, with the white box and black concourse and eventual segfault
3) The standard installation using your binary (both versions of it) - 99% working, but the landing pad at Oxford and the main street of New Detroit are traps. There are no 'hot areas' to click on to get someplace else, I have to quit the game. New Detroit used to work, but anymore. Saving problem? Oxford never worked.

GlaDiaC

PostSun Mar 13, 2005 22:09

Create a temp directory

touch $HOME/.cvspass
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/wcuniverse login
<hit enter for the password>
vs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/wcuniverse co -P wcu

Copy the files over the existing privateer installation. Download
http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remake/wcu-data.zip

and copy it over the files too.

Try again.
Last edited by GlaDiaC on Mon Mar 14, 2005 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

Xan

PostMon Mar 14, 2005 8:39

Thanks for your help.

It didn't let me connect to /cvsroot/privateer, in fact that doesn't seem to exist. I did grab /cvsroot/wcuniverse/wcu-code, which was 3.4MB in 452 files. I hope that's the right thing.

I copied those into the Privateer directory, then the files from the zip archive. It didn't fix either New Detroit or Oxford... Do I need to delete my ~/.privateer100 directory and start completely over?

GlaDiaC

PostTue Mar 15, 2005 1:24

Ok, I have repacked the privateer data. I hope it works now. You can redownload the installer...

Xan

PostTue Mar 15, 2005 2:01

I'm afraid it's the same story. Clean home directory, no ~/.privateer100. Achilles is still dark. ESC still does nothing in-flight.

I tried it with my ~/.privateer100 intact, and loaded a game where my Centurion was docked at a pleasure base, and this time I couldn't even get to the concourse. I could launch, but not press ESC.

And the weapons seemed kind of blocky. I don't know if that's significant, but it was like I was firing geometric shapes instead of lasers.
Next

Return to Beta