Rome - Total War

Talk about everything.
monk_p

Rome - Total War

Post by monk_p » Wed Nov 03, 2004 16:07

Anyone working on a Rome-TW installer? I know it should be near impossible (all this windows-media stuff), but you guys seem to like impossible challenges... :D
Keep up the great work!
monk_p

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 16:58

we don't have the game so nobody is working on this

monk_p

Post by monk_p » Thu Nov 04, 2004 18:50

OK, that IS a problem :) How about one of the other Total War Games (Shogun being the oldest, Medieval the other incarnation of that series). Well, let me guess, you don't have these either, right? So let me ask another question: How do I get a (legal) copy to you? Or rather, how can you get the money to buy it. I mean, the older games cost like 10€ or something, so I'd assume fans like me would give you the money. Do you have a donation thing going? I don't know much about donations, but it works for people like spybot or bittorrent. People don't mind giving money, if it's only a couple of bucks, right? Enough said - any idea?

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 19:08

if you live in germany you could just send it to one of the developers :)

maybe we should think about paypal or something similar

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 16, 2004 19:57

I could send one to you, but it's my only legal copy, so... Anyway, I would prefer to initiate a debate on a paypal thing. If you can be bothered to set it up, it will surely be worth your while. Wouldn't people be willing to pay, if they could play their favourite game? I think so.
How about opening a new thread in this subject and hear their thoughts on the subject?

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 23:08

good idea
if you like open a new thread

als providing a real name(nick) would be better than "Guest" :)

monk_p

back in action

Post by monk_p » Sat Dec 11, 2004 21:13

That other post was also from me, of course - I just forgot to log-in... I recently moved, so I'm responding real late, but I am excited, that you guys took up my idea - I'll donate as soon as I have any money (moving is a costly business...). Btw, is it possible to donate for a special game? I know, that paypal probably won't support it, but could I get a promise or something? :D Rome Total War ist probably to expensive, but Medieval Total War should be around for 10€...

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 23:16

if you donate money of course you can say it should be used for game x :)