No startup menu entry

Talk about everything.
abelthorne

No startup menu entry

Post by abelthorne » Thu Aug 24, 2006 17:10

Although "create startup menu entries" is checked when using your installers, I get nothing in the menu after a game is installed. The needed files are created in the game folder, though.

Is the option supposed to add an entry to the menu or only create the needed files so that the user can then add it manually to his system ?

I use Ubuntu 6.06.1 ("Dapper Drake") with Gnome desktop.

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 15:30

i don't use KDE or Gnome so i can't check this myself

but it should look like this:

http://home.coc-ag.de/dressler-ro/loki/mit.jpg

abelthorne

Post by abelthorne » Sun Aug 27, 2006 16:07

The website seems to be down. Do you have another capture somewhere ?

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:19

it's working, try again

abelthorne

Post by abelthorne » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:05

Ok. So it's supposed to create shortcuts in the "other" section (I was looking into "games"). It doesn't work on my computer, though. Nothing in "other", even after restarting Gnome.
Could it be possible that it's affected by the fact that I'm using a system in french language (and thus having no "other" section, but "autre" instead) ? This would be strange because AFAIK Gnome is supposed to treat menu sections in the same way no matter which language is used but it's the only thing that leaps to my mind currently.

Starcrasher

Post by Starcrasher » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:57

On Mandriva 2006, I have them in 'Jeux' for UT2004 and dependant Mods.
Menu entries only appear if menu is updated. You may need to install a package (anything) really made for (or better a part of) your distribution to force the menu updating process.