SAVAGE FREE Version

Talk about everything.
dj

Post by dj » Wed Sep 20, 2006 20:40

Hey I'm the server and website admin at newerth.com and was wondering if some1 can test and upload thor27's installer for savage including SEP3T so i can add the link to the newerth.com website that officially supports linux for savage. This would make my guide moron proof.

SEP3T uses an autoupdate system and is actively maintained by people in the savage community unlike ex2. Sep also fixes many issues like exploiting bugs to crash servers and removes the possiblity of cheating. It has become a stadard patch and is recommended by S2Games.

It would also be good to remove the savage manual form this install since this is extremely outdated and something I put on the newerth.com webesite to help newbies out while our cumminty writes a detailed guide for them.
Last edited by dj on Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:05, edited 2 times in total.

thor27

Post by thor27 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 21:55

OK..I can remove the manual, no problem....

As I already talked to you DJ, I just need somewhere to upload it..can be anything, ftp/ssh ....

kingron
liflg member

Post by kingron » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:34

if you ask me ....i would leave it as is, means:

- orginal savage installer from S2Games
- our update to 2.00c
- mod updates like SEP and/Ex2

1. i don't wanna touch the org. savage installer - too big to host
2. because of legal rights!?

its quite enough work to keep the sep/ex2 mods up2date

ron

dj

Post by dj » Thu Sep 21, 2006 17:05

please read what i said about sep using an auto updater and savage is freeware email s2games if you wish

dj

Post by dj » Thu Sep 21, 2006 17:11

on second thought its seems mine and thor27's efforts are wasted here trying to explain the benifits of this download

i contacted s2games and they are kindly going to host the file themselves through happypuppy