loki installers......

Talk about everything.
techno-mole

loki installers......

Post by techno-mole » Sat Jul 14, 2007 14:35

hello, ive been trying to install farcry using cedega, but it doesnt install, so i went looking for info to solve the problem, whilst i was reading various things i saw people talking about how they had installed farcry using a loki installer.
now ive searched and i cant find a loki installer for far cry, so i wondered if there is a universal loki installer, by that i mean one that is not meant for a specific game, like the nwn loki installer, or the doom3 one, but one that allows you to install any game.
this is a quote from a post on the cedega forums " Okay I have insalled far cry using the loki 1.3 installer and that process goes fine. "
any help will be appreciated.
cheers.

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 17:02

We had an installer for FarCry in the past but this is history.

You are a Transgaming customer, ask Transgaming for support.

techno-mole

Post by techno-mole » Sun Jul 15, 2007 14:30

i would had it not been for the fact that most of the posts/threads i have read regarding the installation of farcry on a linux system have said that they have installed farcry using the loki installer because it wouldnt install with cedega, the quote i put in my original post was from the cedega forums, and i found alot more on cedegas forums saying how they couldnt install it with cedega so they all used the loki installer.
i had hoped i would be able to find it, but never mind.
i may use cedega, but its experimental, ive found that it is not as good as people say, and to be honest most people i have spoken to regarding games and linux have had more success with applications like wine, which is free and some people have said that cvs is better than wine, i think that one is free aswell, but i havent looked into it yet.
ive used the loki installers for doom3 + expansion, and never winter nights, and to be honest they run better doing it that way than they do through cedega (i tried both ways out of curiosity)
cheers anyway.

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 22:34

techno-mole wrote:... some people have said that cvs is better than wine, i think that one is free aswell, but i havent looked into it yet.
Are we talking of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concurrent_Versions_System

Back to topic:

http://games.cedega.com/gamesdb/games/v ... me_id=3297

"This game is officially supported by TransGaming."

What a lousy product if you can get a supported game installed.

As a paying customer i would insistence on support.

techno-mole

Post by techno-mole » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:41

thats what sucks, the best suggestions ive had about getting it installed is to run it with wine, or if possible use the loki installer.
now thats from other customers using cedega and alot of them have found it rather insulting that they have to pay for something which should really be free, but not only that they have to pay for it and it doesnt work, but i suppose they dont have to keep paying for it.
im looking more into using wine if possible, like i said using cedega was more of an experiment for me, but ive found it to be unstable at best, and alot of the games it says it will run it wont, take fear, according to cedega it will run, i can state that i couldnt even get it to install.
it would seem that part of the problem is cedega struggles to install from dvd discs (like my farcry and fear for example) so i think that they need to do some serious work on it.
i have installed farcry with wine (first time aswell), but im having trouble running it, so ive got to look into that when i have more time, but using wine has got me further than using cedega has.
cheers.
the cvs i was on about is like cedega but free.

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 18:14

So there really was no need for our installer to get FarCry installed :)

techno-mole

Post by techno-mole » Wed Jul 18, 2007 23:02

thats true i didnt use the loki installer :D
just out of interest is there another location i can download magnant from ? ive tried the link to the linux version and it doesnt do anything ?
cheers

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 18:02

I had no problem downloading it.

But i had to enable JavaScript.