wine doesen't work, old installers yes I want to play mafia!

Talk about everything.
winedontwork

wine doesen't work, old installers yes I want to play mafia!

Post by winedontwork » Wed Dec 19, 2007 23:17

Please, i will be very gratefull if anyone can send me the mafia installer. I know that wine SHOULD work, but IT DOESEN'T. Only old good installers worked. And, also, even if wine worked, why remove the old and easy to use installers? Since the installers are removed, i can't play a lot of games. And mafia is the fist one i want to play :(

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 0:03

This topic is covered very often in here, please use the search function :)
and fill bugreports if you have troubles installing Mafia using Wine.

winedontwork

Post by winedontwork » Sun Dec 23, 2007 16:34

I used the "search" function, witout results, but i can find myself the way to do it.
I sweated blood before archieving it. I needed to download cedega, because in wine i can't install it. In the installation, I needed to use a copy of the 1rst cd, and later, the original 2 and 3 cds of the game, (with original 1rst cd it doesn't started to copy the files)) Even later, it doesen't worked (with original cd!), so i needed to download a no-cd crack, corresponding to the version 1.0, and sacrifiing the intro movie. (i used amule to find it, and i needed to replace the original executable, fiund in $HOME/.cedega/Mafia/c_drive/Program Files/Mafia/) in cedega, the game deletes a lot of textures, so i need to use my terminal, and wine start the game with "wine $HOME/.cedega/Mafia/c_drive/Program Files/Mafia/Game.exe" (without commas). It worked for me as good as with the old installer BUT WITOUT joystick (with the old installer i had joystick compatibility ) :(

Yes, i Know, i can play mafia, but... It wasn't a long way beter to replace these instructions with a simple sh Mafia_1.2_installer.sh?. I want someone to wexplain WHY they deleted these executables that worked so fine, even if the game worked with wine, at least whe had the election to do it the "easy way", or the "experienced way".

And how can I use my joystick in game!

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 15:41

If you have problems with Wine open bugreports and help them to improve Wine

@ search function topic :)
http://liflg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=865
http://liflg.org/?year=2007&month=06&catid=20