Unreal Tournament installer - won't run on Fedora 14.

Need help with one of the installers?
Jusko

Unreal Tournament installer - won't run on Fedora 14.

Postby Jusko » Thu Feb 03, 2011 22:57

Code: Select all

$ ./unreal.tournament_436-multilanguage.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Unreal Tournament 436-multilanguage Installer...................................................................................
/home/Krystian/.setup3598: symbol lookup error: /home/Krystian/.setup3598: undefined symbol: GTK_TYPE_SPIN_BUTTON_UPDATE_POLICY

Is there any way to update installer to new libgtk ( 1.2 on many distros is repleced by newer version)? I've did 3 or 4 symlinks before installer "run". Anyway - i have this problem. I found this solution:

sh unreal.tournament_436-multilanguage.run --noexec --keep && cd unreal.tournament_436-multilanguage.goty && ./setup.data/bin/Linux/x86/setup

After that installer run i ncurses.

kratz00
liflg member

Re: Unreal Tournament installer - won't run on Fedora 14.

Postby kratz00 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 23:03

There is, of course.
It's on our to-do list, which is quite long :!:

Stay tuned :D

Jusko

Postby Jusko » Fri Feb 04, 2011 13:51

But what with this strange problem? There's not much about it in internet. As far I can remember, I run installer on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS...gosh 3 years ago. I don't like this in Linux games - really, they need full support all the time, even installers. Some time without support and you need magical hocus pocus to run game - shame. That's why i have little fear to buy full native Linux games.

EDIT:

As far as i know, this problem affect Ubuntu 10.10 too. On polish Ubuntu forum I was trying to help one person with Liflg installer for UT. Same problem with gtk installer: http://forum.ubuntu.pl/showpost.php?p=812988&postcount=20. So - at this moment

sh unreal.tournament_436-multilanguage.run --noexec --keep && cd unreal.tournament_436-multilanguage && ./setup.data/bin/Linux/x86/setup

is the only way to run installer?

rettichschnidi
liflg member

Postby rettichschnidi » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:19

Jusko wrote:is the only way to run installer?

It's not, but pretty much the most straightforward one. You could e.g. also replace the setup-binaries with more recent ones, but that's even more "painful".

Good news:
I created an updated installer this weekend (just for the standard ut99, not yet for ut99 goty) which is based on Mojosetup and should work on any new distributions. I'm just waiting for the internal review so I can give it to you to test it.

Jusko

Postby Jusko » Sun Feb 13, 2011 23:17

Great - thanks! :D