devastation european installer works, but ...

Need help with one of the installers?
titi

devastation european installer works, but ...

Postby titi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 22:36

Thanks so much, finally I am able to play this game! No more input issues with the mouse that made it unplayable before! All former attemts to play it failed :( .

The installer itself was a bit strange. Some strings where out of place and I got no real optical feedback while the installation prozess was runnning. It was not very intuitiv to click the buttons but that was a minor issue
When the installation was done the installer simply exits without telling me anything about success or not. This gave me a bad feeling first, but now everything works!

Game tested ( a bit ) on linux 32 bit Ubuntu 10.04 with nvidia :
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 9600 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
OpenGL version string: 3.2.0 NVIDIA 195.36.24

rettichschnidi
liflg member

Re: devastation european installer works, but ...

Postby rettichschnidi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:56

Thanks for your feedback.

@no real optical feedback: Unfortunatelly, that is a well known problem, but we can not change it.

@strings where out of place, installer simply exits without telling me anything: No idea about those. Can you describe it a little bit more and/or provide a screenshot?

titi

Postby titi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:36

My son installed it too now and here are the screenshots. Another issue we found is that its very uncomfortable to install in your home directory ( the way I prefer it for closed source software ). You have to type in your install path manually without the comfort of any kind of file chooser.

rettichschnidi
liflg member

Postby rettichschnidi » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:24

@Home-dir: Thats a limitation of Loki Setup and we won't change it. Mojosetup does not have this limitation and somewhere down the road we hope to migrate all our installers to mojosetup.

@Screenshots: Yes, looks terrible. Fortunately, we created a new installer which is in closed beta. This one is once again able to use the GTK2 interface but besides of that it will have the same problems.

Any chance that you got some games we have installers for and you want do become a permanent LIFLG tester?

titi

Postby titi » Sat Jun 18, 2011 20:56

I think I have a lot of these games :). But as you might know I am already quite busy with my work on megaglest. Beside of this I manage the texture section on burningwell.org and many other things . So sorry no I cannot test all the time. But I will ask my son if he is willing to do it. He is although getting more and more technical advanced and maybe can help.
If he is willing he will register here and tell you.

But in general, I will of course test if you are really in need!