doom3 installer crashes

Need help with one of the installers?
akI

doom3 installer crashes

Postby akI » Sat Jul 09, 2011 16:02

Hi,

i had updated my SuSE to Version 11.4 and wanted to install doom3 again. The Installer crashes after uncompressing, at this point normally would appear the licence agreement. But the Setup give me no license window and crashes without any echo back to console.

Are there any Packages needed for the installer? The problem is definetly not the installer himself, cause on my laptop where is still use SuSE 11.3 it runs quite good. So i was asking myself if there are any additional software i need and which is not implented in the standard SuSE installation.

Code: Select all

akI@linux:~/Spiele/doom3> ./doom3_1.3.1.1304-multilanguage.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing DOOM III 1.3.1.1304-multilanguage Installer................................................................
akI@linux:~/Spiele/doom3>

Btw sorry for my bad englisch :-)
Last edited by akI on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:35, edited 1 time in total.

akI

Re: doom3 installer crashes

Postby akI » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:33

Forgot about Teamspeak, the fault was sitting in front of the personal computer :D

But doom3 still dont run. I now used the original ID-soft installer to get it work. But there are many other files that dont run anymore. I tested also postal2 and got an parser error.

Code: Select all

chmod u+x linux_installer.sh
./linux_installer.sh                                                                                                                               
Copying to a temporary location...                                                                                                                                                 
Verifying archive integrity... All good.                                                                                                                                           
Uncompressing The Postal Fudge Pack for x86 GNU/Linux.................................................................                                                             
I/O error : No such file or directory                                                                                                                                               
setup.data/setup.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty                                                                                                                           

setup.data/setup.xml:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found                                                                                                           

./setup.sh: Zeile 148:  8638 Speicherzugriffsfehler  "$setup" "$@"

Maybe its the same problem here with the conflict between libxml and zlib??

Dont know

rettichschnidi
liflg member

Postby rettichschnidi » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:10

akI wrote:Maybe its the same problem here with the conflict between libxml and zlib??

Yes it is.

@Installer: I'll try to update it this evening.

akI

Postby akI » Fri Jul 15, 2011 17:38

Thanks for the info. If you need a free prober please let me know :mrgreen: i would call loud HERE!

rettichschnidi
liflg member

Postby rettichschnidi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:30

It's now in closed beta and I also PM-ed you with the link to it.