Serious Sam TFE & TSE alsa sound

Need help with one of the installers?
mikro

Serious Sam TFE & TSE alsa sound

Postby mikro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:42

Hi,

first let me congratulate you, being able to run my favourite game from 2001 in 2013 on a x64 CPU and super fast graphics card, that's something. I had little problems (too fast, no sound) initially but thanks to this forum I was able to solve them.

There's one last standing: if I choose 44.1 kHz for audio, I get a lots of:

ALSA lib pcm.c:7832:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

messages and most importantly, the sound is 'broken' (exactly as you would expect when sound stream buffer underruns). Any chance to fix this / get help for this?

kratz00
liflg member

Re: Serious Sam TFE & TSE alsa sound

Postby kratz00 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 22:25

Hi mirko,

thanks for the compliment. As you may know we "only" provide installers and we are not responsible for the game binaries itself. We can only provide workarounds instead of real solutions, which would require access to the source code, so that we could compile new binaries.

Why do you want or need to change the audio setting at all?

If I remember correctly the start scripts calls the ssam_lnx binary, you can try to change that and call ssam_lnxded.dynamic
This might require you do install additional libraries which are linked statically into the ssam_lnx binary.

Good luck and please let us know if you found a solution to your problem.

Regards
-Steffen

mikro

Postby mikro » Thu Jun 27, 2013 13:08

Of course, I do use the dynamic linked version. The question 'why' is quite good, it was mostly curiosity -- I guess I wont spot much difference against 22 kHz anyway.

And I wouldn't too modest about the installers -- if I take the original Linux binary, it even wont depack, so I'd say you did quite some work here, doesn't matter if it was a simple shell script or deep investigation, you make games working :)

kratz00
liflg member

Postby kratz00 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 21:46

Hi mirko,

thanks again :)

I guess we can close this thread then or did you find a way to get it working?

Regards
-Steffen