NEVERWINTER NIGHTS

Need help with one of the installers?
schoki

Post by schoki » Mon Jan 10, 2005 15:24

p.s.: Will english installers with 1.65 patch be available for SoU and HotU?

maybe, but i hope.

if iam ready with the nwn multilanguage installer,
i will try to make a sou multilanguage installer
and then hotu :D

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:50

I have no sounds in game. What can I do about it? xmms plays mp3s fine

schoki

Post by schoki » Sat Jan 22, 2005 13:23

did you have sound in other games?

sorry i need more infomartions

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 22, 2005 20:18

I got sound working after I shut down xmms. It seem to be that xmms takes the sound channel and other programs or games sound doesn't work. Is it possible to have multiple channels?

Gauss_Cleric

Post by Gauss_Cleric » Wed Jan 26, 2005 22:56

Yeah please an english installer for 1.65 SoU and HoU

Cheers,

Mishura

Post by Mishura » Wed Feb 02, 2005 13:20

I got sound working after I shut down xmms. It seem to be that xmms takes the sound channel and other programs or games sound doesn't work. Is it possible to have multiple channels?

Check XMMS's properties, and find out what sound daemon it is using. Default on some distros seem to be arts (KDE sound), but others choose OSS or something else.

I recommend setting it to a sound daemon that your games isn't using, such as ALSA (Since most linux games use OSS). ESD (Enlightenment Sound) is a good alternative if you have gnome or E installed; but for the most part, setting it to ALSA fixes all known problems with XMMS.

BTW: The reason why I don't recommend arTs is because I've had problems with XMMS using that sound daemon. It sucks anyway and ALSA is way better.

-- Mishura

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Fri Mar 18, 2005 13:38

ehm...just a question from a noob...
i`ll buy the game next week. what do i need to do to get it working?
Just install with the 165?
Or must i updating something before / after?

Lg,
Hawk

schoki

Post by schoki » Fri Mar 18, 2005 14:34

ehm...just a question from a noob...
i`ll buy the game next week. what do i need to do to get it working?
Just install with the 165?
Or must i updating something before / after?

just buy the game and install it with the installer.
the 1.65 installe is only for the german and english version.

if you dont have the german or english version,
then you can test the multilanguage installer :D
here

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 18, 2005 16:38

Thank you for your quick answer. I will buy the german version, the delux edition with the two addons:).
By the Way, i have tried your Deus Ex installer, and it works greate...
good work!:).

Lg,
Hawk

catpants

Post by catpants » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:10

the installer worked perfectly, but when i try to start a new game, it crashes when i press "create new character/select premade character" with no output. has anyone else run across this?

schoki

Post by schoki » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:29

the installer worked perfectly, but when i try to start a new game, it crashes when i press "create new character/select premade character" with no output. has anyone else run across this?

Check your read/write permissions.
do u have updated to the newest version?

Problem with NWN 1.29 Multilang. Inst.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:39

Hi @ all,
I tried to install NWN on my maschine. On disk 2 it appears following error:

setup.data/install-disc2.sh; line 13; cd; /mnt/games/Neverwinter: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden.

On line 21 it says the same above exept: line 21: binary operator expected
On line 24 it says the same as in line 13. When I try to run nwmain, it gets a error message with: line 12: datei oder verzeichnis nicht gefunden.

Which file is missing? And can i reinstall it (with the 1.65 update or with HoD?

My last question is: If i have all three games (nwn + both addons) installed, can I only use the HoD 1.65 update?

Thanks for your time.
- Mathersen

schoki

Post by schoki » Thu Jun 23, 2005 16:21

hi
setup.data/install-disc2.sh; line 13; cd; /mnt/games/Neverwinter: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden.

this is your installpath, i dont know why he couldnt find it.

which version of nwn do u have? nwn basic/gold/platinium/....?

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 21:27

Seems to be the old prob with usage of submountd or dbus/hal...
Try to comment out the mountpoint for your installationdevice in etc/fstab and mount it by hand as user root in a console and when the installer demands disc-change unmount it by hand and eject and afterwards mount the next cd also by hand. Then press the installers ok-button and proceed.

Another Question: Is there actually work on an installer for the actual nwn-update (release number 1.66) in progress? My prefered Gameserver will be updated to 1.66 this weekend and i'm even a bit too lazy to do the update with the german zip-files from bioware manually *G*

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 21:29

Any solution for the missing video-sequences in fullscreen mode out there? They are viewable outside the game with binkplayer but not inside...:-/