Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil

Need help with one of the installers?

Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:54

Hello and thanks for the great work you do on these installers :)

I just wanted to ask a question about the latest Doom 3 installer which provides support for the Resurrection of Evil expansion pack. I live in Australia and I've noticed that there is an 'Australian Edition' of this pack available now. Is the Loki Doom 3 installer known to work with it?

'Australian Editions' of other games have not caused me any trouble in the past eg. MOHAA Aust. Edition is updated by using the US/UK English patches. In other words, they are not different versions of the game in the way that non-English language ones are. They just appear to be packaged and sold for the Australian market (with Australian tech support contact info etc.)

But I just wanted to check to be sure with this one.

Thanks.

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:36

no idea

your are the first

if it should not work i will make an installer for the Australian version, promised :)

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:52

Thanks for your response. When my copy of the expansion pack arrives I'll try it out and let you know.

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 13:47

ok :)

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 19, 2005 18:12

Well I finally got my copy of Resurrection of Evil and I can say that it works fine with the Doom 3 Loki installer. The only issues I had were -

1. The Loki installer didn't let me just add the Resurrection pack to my existing Doom 3 (Loki) install. I had to uninstall Doom 3 first and then re-install from the beginning because the option 'Base Install' was greyed out when I re-ran the installer. I didn't want to run this again over the top of Doom 3 in case it caused problems.

2. I ran Doom 3 first and configured all the options. When I ran Resurrection I had to do this all over again. Couldn't Resurrection just use the Doom 3 config I had just created?

3. ALSA and surround were set up by default. This was a problem for me because I have never been able to get ALSA to work in Doom 3 (and, yes, I've tried all the tips out there). I also just use stereo sound (onboard audio 2-channel connected to a stereo amp with 4 speakers to boost it a bit). As a result, when I started Resurrection I just got a silent slide show until I changed my sound options.

Aside from this the game runs just fine, as well as the original (although with just a GF4 Ti 4400 I can't play with shadows and still have a decent frame rate). So this 'Australian Edition' poses no problem for the LOki installer.

Thanks again for all the work! :)

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 22:55

Anonymous wrote:Well I finally got my copy of Resurrection of Evil and I can say that it works fine with the Doom 3 Loki installer. The only issues I had were -

1. The Loki installer didn't let me just add the Resurrection pack to my existing Doom 3 (Loki) install. I had to uninstall Doom 3 first and then re-install from the beginning because the option 'Base Install' was greyed out when I re-ran the installer. I didn't want to run this again over the top of Doom 3 in case it caused problems.
sorry about that, could be done better
Anonymous wrote: 2. I ran Doom 3 first and configured all the options. When I ran Resurrection I had to do this all over again. Couldn't Resurrection just use the Doom 3 config I had just created?

3. ALSA and surround were set up by default. This was a problem for me because I have never been able to get ALSA to work in Doom 3 (and, yes, I've tried all the tips out there). I also just use stereo sound (onboard audio 2-channel connected to a stereo amp with 4 speakers to boost it a bit). As a result, when I started Resurrection I just got a silent slide show until I changed my sound options.

Aside from this the game runs just fine, as well as the original (although with just a GF4 Ti 4400 I can't play with shadows and still have a decent frame rate). So this 'Australian Edition' poses no problem for the LOki installer.

Thanks again for all the work! :)
for all the "problems" with the d3 client itself blame id software :P

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:59

Yes, you are right about that last part. But somehow I don't think I will go and bug id software about it ;)

Just a quick question, are you planning to make an installer for Quake 4?

Thanks.

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:44

Anonymous wrote:Just a quick question, are you planning to make an installer for Quake 4?

Thanks.
suprise :)