UT2003 Installation. [SOLVED}

Need help with one of the installers?
tehhaxorr

UT2003 Installation. [SOLVED}

Post by tehhaxorr » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:29

I am having some troubles with the default installer on CD3, it asks for the "Play" disk, witch i assume is disk 1 but i have tried all disks. but when insert the other disks and click OK nothing happens, it keeps asking for the disk again and again, over and over. extremely frustrating.

Does anyone have any way to fix this preoblem, or an installer made by someone else that will install the game sucessfully?

Cheers, Mark

Edit:

I managed to access the un-named mount point by looking at the location in Natilus (ctrl + L) now the installer is running fine
Last edited by tehhaxorr on Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 23:03

did you read our faq's?

if yes plz post a list (ls -R) of the cd's

tehhaxorr

Post by tehhaxorr » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:30

yes i read the FAQs and followed numerous tutorials on how to install it, i think the problem is my cd drive, it auto-mounts to a directory named after the CD, witch is throwing off the installer because it is looking for the needed files in the old directory "UT2003_CD3" witch no longer exists.

Can i stop automount from renaming drives and just keep it as "CD-RW Drive"??

Or are there any other ways around this.

I guess the drive re-naming is the main problem because this installation went perfectly on FC2, witch did not have the auto-mount renaming feature, and just recognised the drive as CD-RW.

I am currently using SuSE 10.0

Cheers, Mark

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:50

solved? ok

but maybe this is more "correct"
look here it's for version 9.3 but it should be the same for version 10.0

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Mounting_to_ ... unt_Points