Mounting problem - nwn installation

Need help with one of the installers?
B3n

Mounting problem - nwn installation

Post by B3n » Thu Aug 10, 2006 18:48

Hi everyone. ^^

I solved a problem similar to the "libgtk-1.2.so.0 problem" i saw in many forums, now I think it's fixed since I can see the installation program, but as soon as I started the procedure i ran into another error:

http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mountiu2.png

It seems that the install program doesn't see that the nwn cdrom is actually in, because i had a Konqueror window open on the content on that cd.

I run PCBSD with Red Hat Linux compatibility, the problem i have is that i can't get my nwn cd rom (already mounted) seen by the installation program.

Can someone help me?

P.S.: Despite with loki installer the "libgtk-1.2.so.0 problem" seems to be fixed, following the step on bioware's site I keep recieving a message error saying that the mentioned library could not be found.

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 21:01

please read our faq's

B3n

Post by B3n » Thu Aug 10, 2006 22:45

I read the faqs.

The problem is still here; it's two weeks that I have PcBSD installed on my laptop and I don't know what to with this:
If the installer does not find the CD after export, make sure you kernel has "Joliet extensions" enabled.
("Filesystems" -> "ISO 9660 CDROM file system support" -> "Microsoft Joliet CDROM extensions"
I googled for that and found THIS, but it's for linux and i'm not that sure it'll work (i don't want to mess up the OS).
Then i looked for something referring more strictly to my problem, i found THIS, but i don't know where to see my kernel settings, so i went HERE, but a directory is missing on my system, tried to install it, using sysinstall, but the program fails to ftp to the server, or more probably i fail to understand why...

I have several things to get fixed, things that are not working properly, so, for one time, I was hoping to see a sure method of doing something without getting prompted with errors... I'm not intending to offend you, I like the fact of running nwn on my PcBSD laptop and the work you have done, but i'm a bit confused.

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 15:48

did you try the "export SETUP_CDROM_PATH" hint?