MOHAA problem

Need help with one of the installers?
HeReTiC

MOHAA problem

Post by HeReTiC » Thu Aug 30, 2007 14:14

Hi, I have installed mohaa without any problem, but when i play the game, there are many problems with textures. Environment (for example sand, buildings, roads in first mission Arzew) are completely black. I can see only soldiers, cars, my own weapon and sky, which are textured correctly. I tried to change settings (texture quality, resolution, filtering etc.), but with no effect.
Is the reason in my graphic card? (X800 with proprietary driver installed) Is there any way to fix it? Thanks
I use PCLinuxOS in its last version

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 15:21

Did you read the README file which came with the installer?

HeReTiC

Post by HeReTiC » Thu Aug 30, 2007 16:07

kratz00 wrote:Did you read the README file which came with the installer?
Yes I did (readme & readme.icculus), but there is no answer on my question.
Or - is it a bug? If so, I should wait for next release, I mean. But why is the installer located in section "final", I do not understand :)
But, finally, I think you are doing great work, continue with it. Thanks a lot

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 18:42

You didn't get it :)

The installer is final but the Linux client is a beta. Nobody is working on this port anymore, so we have to take what we have and live with the bugs :(

HeReTiC

Post by HeReTiC » Thu Aug 30, 2007 19:56

kratz00 wrote:You didn't get it :)

The installer is final but the Linux client is a beta. Nobody is working on this port anymore, so we have to take what we have and live with the bugs :(
Oh, I am sorry I didn't understand it. It's a pity. Otherwise, do u think i can help myself by changing graphic card to nVidia? Is there any probability that it will work properly on it? Or at least better than on my X800?

kratz00
liflg member

Post by kratz00 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 21:01

Of course I can't guarantee anything but in my opinion the Nvidia drivers are much better than ATI's. Try it :)