after a lot of changes Glest 3.0.0 is finally released now!
I hope you will make an installer for Linux! (I really like them!!)
This is what the developer send to me:
After a long beta process we finally released Glest 3.0.0 final.
This is a huge step in Glest development, since this version is the first one integrating LAN/Internet multiplayer.
- Network play over LAN/Internet
- New key shortcuts for giving orders and selecting special units
- Renamed some units
- Reworked tech faction upgrades
- Balance changes
There is more information at the Glest board:
Important info which should be distributed with the installer:
There is no masterserver yet! If you want to find someone to play multiplayer come to: irc://irc.freenode.net/glest
Important changes/hints for linux:
- you can toggle fullscreen/window mode with alt+return ( linux only, good for irc! )
- grouping of units with ctrl + 1,2,3,.... works now
- g3dviewer and the glest editor works/compiles now ( please include it if possible )
- The font used in the glest.ini file ( you find it in the svn under mk/linux ) is probably not installed on every system. Please use a bit more common one for the loki version.
- please take care that you use the correct data files. Glest calculates/compares checksums of the used data directorys techs/tileset/map in multiplayer mode
there is an official source package now
If you want you can include the addon mod from www.titusgames.de (megapack_v1) to get more fun