Glest 2.0.0

Installers we are searching testers for.
kratz00
liflg member
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 16:23

Glest 2.0.0

Post by kratz00 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 20:11


fff

Post by fff » Sun Apr 16, 2006 22:20

Installs OK & works great for me (mandriva 2006)

FFF

kratz00
liflg member
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 16:23

Post by kratz00 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 22:55

fff wrote:Installs OK & works great for me (mandriva 2006)

FFF
thank you for your feedback

pjotrx

Post by pjotrx » Mon Apr 17, 2006 20:52

installing and running fine on openSUSE 10

kratz00
liflg member
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 16:23

Post by kratz00 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 22:29

pjotrx wrote:installing and running fine on openSUSE 10
also thank you to you :)

zero0w

Post by zero0w » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:34

Works fine for Ubuntu Breezy 5.10.
Great job! :D

Hoshpak

Post by Hoshpak » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:43

The game works for me, but after ending it, the process stays alive and leaves a black area on my desktop. I have to kill glest.bin with the kill signal, with the normal (I think 15 or something like that) it won´t end.#
My specs are:
glibc 2.3.5
Kernel 2.6.15.3
Xorg 6.9
Resolution 1280x960

I get the following messages which are unfortunately not very informative:

Code: Select all

Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
/usr/local/bin/glest: line 124:  6337 Killed                  ./${GAME_BINARY} ${CMD_ARGS} "$@"

GlaDiaC

Post by GlaDiaC » Tue Apr 18, 2006 14:26

That means normally that some file (picture, texture, sound) is missing. Has anyone else this problem?

kratz00
liflg member
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 16:23

Post by kratz00 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 15:16

GlaDiaC wrote:That means normally that some file (picture, texture, sound) is missing. Has anyone else this problem?
not in Hoshpak's case
the segfault is the result of his kill command

iirc it has something to do with openal
it's waiting for a semaphore or something like that and that is why it dosen't quit properly
just for testing: don't kill glest, get a cup of tea or what you like and wait (max 10minutes)

Nero

Post by Nero » Tue Apr 18, 2006 15:42

The Glest installer works correctly, but the Game cannot be started.

code: ./glest.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libvorbis.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory


Kubuntu Dapper 6.06 (64bit)

kratz00
liflg member
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 16:23

Post by kratz00 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 16:39

Nero wrote:The Glest installer works correctly, but the Game cannot be started.

code: ./glest.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libvorbis.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory


Kubuntu Dapper 6.06 (64bit)
please have a look in the README

you have to install libvorbis to resolve this problem

Hoshpak

Post by Hoshpak » Tue Apr 18, 2006 17:04

kratz00 wrote:
GlaDiaC wrote:That means normally that some file (picture, texture, sound) is missing. Has anyone else this problem?
not in Hoshpak's case
the segfault is the result of his kill command

iirc it has something to do with openal
it's waiting for a semaphore or something like that and that is why it dosen't quit properly
just for testing: don't kill glest, get a cup of tea or what you like and wait (max 10minutes)
I waited at least twenty minutes but it doesn´t change anything. I also tried compiling a newer openal version but still the same.

kratz00
liflg member
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 16:23

Post by kratz00 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 17:38

Hoshpak wrote:
kratz00 wrote:
GlaDiaC wrote:That means normally that some file (picture, texture, sound) is missing. Has anyone else this problem?
not in Hoshpak's case
the segfault is the result of his kill command

iirc it has something to do with openal
it's waiting for a semaphore or something like that and that is why it dosen't quit properly
just for testing: don't kill glest, get a cup of tea or what you like and wait (max 10minutes)
I waited at least twenty minutes but it doesn´t change anything. I also tried compiling a newer openal version but still the same.
then its maybe another problem :)
you could run the binary directly using strace and see what happens/not happens when you quit

Hoshpak

Post by Hoshpak » Tue Apr 18, 2006 19:53

Ok, I did, here is the output:
http://nopaste.debianforum.de/2950
These things should be the jumping point:

Code: Select all

#
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
munmap(0xb472a000, 266240) = 0
munmap(0xb4a68000, 266240) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
munmap(0xb46a9000, 528384) = 0
munmap(0xb4646000, 135168) = 0
munmap(0xb4931000, 528384) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
munmap(0xb45c5000, 528384) = 0
munmap(0xb4562000, 135168) = 0
munmap(0xb48b0000, 528384) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
munmap(0xb4584000, 266240) = 0
munmap(0xb486f000, 266240) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
munmap(0xb4668000, 266240) = 0
munmap(0xb482e000, 266240) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
munmap(0xb4521000, 266240) = 0
munmap(0xb47ed000, 266240) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
munmap(0xb44e0000, 266240) = 0
munmap(0xb47ac000, 266240) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb1c) = 0
munmap(0xb449f000, 266240) = 0
brk(0x8d03000) = 0x8d03000
munmap(0xb476b000, 266240) = 0
munmap(0xb4aab000, 290816) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb3c) = 0
munmap(0xb5bb6000, 1052672) = 0
munmap(0xb5d39000, 790528) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb3c) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb3c) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb3c) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb3c) = 0
munmap(0xb5b35000, 528384) = 0
munmap(0xb5cb8000, 528384) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb3c) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb3c) = 0
ioctl(7, 0xc070464a, 0xbfedeb3c) = 0
futex(0xb6d6bbf8, FUTEX_WAIT, 5846, NULL) = 0
futex(0xb5af1bf8, FUTEX_WAIT, 5848, NULL) = 0
ioctl(13, 0x4144, 0xbfeded78) = 0
ioctl(13, 0x4143, 0x8293270) = 0
ioctl(13, 0x4112, 0xbfeded1c) = 0
close(13) = 0
munmap(0xb5af3000, 4096) = 0
munmap(0xb5af2000, 4096) = 0
write(3, "_\2\2\0\v\0\300\3+\2\1\0", 12) = 12
read(3, "\5\1\210\0*\362\21\0006\1\0\0\17\0\300\3\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 32) = 32
read(3, "\1\1\212\0\0\0\0\0\16\0\300\3\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\n\0\0\0p"..., 32) = 32
write(3, "\33\2\2\0\0\0\0\0 \2\2\0\0\0\0\0+\0\1\0", 20) = 20
read(3, "\1\1\215\0\0\0\0\0\16\0\300\3\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\n\0\0\0p"..., 32) = 32
write(3, "\211\2\2\0\0\0\0\0+\2\1\0", 12) = 12
read(3, "\1\1\217\0\0\0\0\0\16\0\300\3\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\n\0\0\0p"..., 32) = 32
write(4, "8\1\4\0\23\0\340\3\4\0\0\0\0\0\0\0F\0\5\0\22\0\340\3\23"..., 64) = 64
read(4, 0xbfeded60, 32) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
select(5, [4], NULL, NULL, NULL) = 1 (in [4])
read(4, "\1\1\355\4\0\0\0\0\16\0\300\3\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\v\0\0\0p"..., 32) = 32
write(4, "\221\5\4\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\1\0\0\0", 16) = 16
read(4, 0xbfedecb8, 32) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
select(5, [4], NULL, NULL, NULL) = 1 (in [4])
read(4, "\1\0\356\4\0\0\0\0\1\0\0\0\0\20\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 32) = 32
munmap(0xb5af4000, 266240) = 0

kratz00
liflg member
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 16:23

Post by kratz00 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 21:43

FUTEX_WAIT it's waiting for something but don't ask me for what it's waiting
this is no installer issue
maybe a glest issue but i think it's your system :)

Locked